1. I am the youngest of four sisters and our names all begin with ‘L’!
2. At my first swimming lesson in primary school, the teacher made me jump into the deep end – then had to rescue me!
3. I was put off alcohol at the age of 16 when I witnessed a friend throwing up into a gutter with her police officer father standing behind her.
4. I love music and reached 8th grade level in piano and used to play the guitar, flute and saxophone.
5. Although my family is originally from Malta, my parents grew up in Egypt. My father came to Australia on a Super Constellation aircraft which was very ambitious for that time!
6. After teaching for 5 years, I had a change of career and worked in the airline industry for 4 years. This included working as a flight attendant with Ansett Australia. (I couldn’t wait to return to teaching!)
7. I once met Ian “Molly” Meldrum when working on a flight from Melbourne to Perth and spent most of the flight chatting with him about Egyptian Artefacts, something we both love.
Thanks @mrrobbo for challenging me – although I was reluctant at first, I really enjoyed the task! Thank you for also reminding me that behind all of the amazing educators in my PLN, there are “real” people, each one with their own “story” that is usually untold!
It’s a difficult task to choose seven more people to challenge, so I’m asking each and every one of you to consider sharing “7 things you don’t need to know about me”!