About

My earliest memories of technology were helping my father unpack our family’s first Video Cassette Recorder.  I read the instruction booklet from start to finish and helped him with the cables and connections.  In secondary school I was mesmerised by Apple IIe computers and using Logo to create my own design.

I have been working in education since 1990, first as a Music Specialist then Primary Classroom Teacher in the Catholic School System.  I have also been fortunate enough to be an ICT Coordinator at three primary schools.

However, after my first five years in teaching, I felt that I needed to explorer a career outside education.  For four years I worked in the airline industry, for QANTAS then Ansett Australia.  It was in the airline industry that I learnt a great deal about customer service and dealing with people in a variety of situations – both pleasant and not so pleasant! Even whilst working in the airline industry, I maintained contact with my first school, assisting them with the implementation of the Alice for Windows library automation software.

It was during this time that I realised I “belong” in education.  I longed to return to a supportive staff environment, something that I felt was missing when you are part of a large workplace.

I returned to education as a Teacher-Librarian, Classroom Teacher and then ICT Specialist – definitely one of my favourite roles! 🙂

I believe that every role I have had has prepared me for my current position as eLearning Coordinator.  And whilst this role is based at an Independent K-12 School, I quickly learnt that all schools, Catholic, Government or Independent,  face the same challenges.

I am particularly interested in Computer Aided Design, 3D Printing, Web 2.0 technologies and the Maker Ed movement.  I am very fortunate to have an amazing Personal Learning Network that provides me with a wealth of resources about the ever-changing world of technology.

Although my role is certainly full of challenges, it is an exciting one that sees me working with wonderful educators every day!