Project 3: Debug-It!

banner_design_notebook

Today, as I listened to the second Office Hours session, I continued to explore work by other Scratchers as part of the Creative Computing Online Workshop and attempted my first “Debug-It” project…

debugit_original

I have reflected on the work I have done for this “Debug-It” project according to the “triplet” for reviewing work:

• I like debugging!  I was actually quite surprised at how much I enjoyed this Debug-It activity!  I found that, after viewing the instructions and the original blocks, I had a picture in my mind of what I needed to do.  However, the rearrangement of the blocks didn’t work at all.  I was totally wrong!  I really enjoyed tinkering with different block configurations until I came up with my final result.  I had a real sense of satisfaction knowing that I had solved the issues.  I was particularly happy with the way the “Meow” speech bubbles worked with the “.5” timings.
  • I wish I could complete more Debug-It activities in the future.
  • What if I gave some Debug-It activities to our students?  Completing these types of activities can help you to learn a great deal about your students.  How do they cope with trouble shooting activities?  What is their reaction when they hit a “dead end”?  Do they like to work with others to find a solution or do they prefer to work alone?

Please click here to view my remixed “Debug-It” project.