The Creative Computing Online Workshop

ccow_1

I’m very excited to be participating in the Creative Computing Online Workshop!  It is a free, six week online course designed to assist educators who are interested in using Scratch.  The course officially commenced on Monday 3rd June with the posting of some introductory activities to the course website.

Bright and early on the morning of Wednesday 5th June (Melbourne time) I also participated in the first “Office Hour” live webinar.  During this time we met the wonderful team who are running the Creative Computing Online Workshop, had the opportunity to ask questions and hear from educators around the world.  One of the things I love about Scratch is the vibrant community of educators and students who use the program.  There are more than 1300 educators who have registered for the course and millions of projects have been shared on the Scratch website – unbelievable!

Part of the course involves creating a “Design Notebook” to reflect and share our experiences throughout the course as well as receive feedback.  We can choose the tool that we feel is appropriate, so I have decided that blogging on a regular basis will be the best way for me to do this.

Click here to visit the Creative Computing Online Workshop site.
Click here to join the Creative Computing Google+ Group.
Click here to follow the #ccow tweets.