My PLN is not just made up of colleagues or even former colleagues. It is made up of educators from around the world, some of which I had the great pleasure of meeting in 2008 and some of which I certainly hope to meet in the future.
Without doubt the most valuable tool I have used for establishing my PLN has been Twitter.
Twitter has provided me with the opportunity to:
- share and discover new resources (my Delicious links have gone through the roof, thanks to Twitter!)
- ask for and offer assistance to colleagues about a range of ICT and education issues
- have access to a never-ending amount of professional development (reading the blogs of other educators has been extremely worthwhile)
- feel a deep sense of gratitude for my home, town I live in, school I work in and the wonderful people in my life
- share lots of funny moments and even some heart-breaking ones